When planning a trip to Iceland there are a few things you ask yourself and you need to know. Below are recommendations and answers to your questions.
If you´re renting a car for your travel there are a few things you have to consider.
- Roads in Iceland can be icy and slippery, drive with maximum caution.
- There are many single lane bridges on the national highways, the nr. 1 (the ringroad) included.
- If you´re not experienced in driving on icy roads, drive with extra caution. 4WD vehicles are imperative.
- Winter driving in Iceland.
2. What kind of clothes should I bring? – Winter
- Warm clothes: Windproof shell, sweater (wool, flees), and layers of synthetic fabric or wool. No cotton!
- Warm hat (covers ears), warmgloves, e.g. ski gloves
- Hiking shoes, stiff sole and tight to ancle.
- Rain gear since it can rain all year round in Iceland.
3. Do I need visa for travelling to Iceland?
4. What about the currency?
- Do I need to buy Icelandic Króna (Crown)? No, you can buy Króna on the airport. More importantly, you can use your debit and credit cards everywhere, even for paying for using a rest room.