1. Driving in Iceland
If you´re renting a car for your travel there are a few things you have to consider.
- Roads in Iceland can be icy during the winter, so we recommend always driving with caution.
- Watch out for the many single-lane bridges on the national highways.
- 4WD vehicles are recommended during winter.
- Winter driving in Iceland.
2. What kind of clothes should I bring? – Winter
- Iceland gets extremely cold during winter. We recommend warm clothes, windproof shells, wools, and fleece.
- Make sure to bring a warm hat and gloves.
- Hiking shoes, stiff sole, and good ankle support.
- Rain gear since it can rain all year round in Iceland.
3. Do I need a visa for traveling to Iceland?
4. What about the currency?
- Do I need to buy Icelandic Króna (Crown)? No, you can buy Króna at the airport. More importantly, you can use your debit and credit cards everywhere, even for paying for using a restroom.