Why the South Coast?
If this is your first time in Icleland then you should begin your excursion on the south coast. There are a few reasons for it:
- The claciers are on the south coast.
- The Þingvellir/Thingvellir National Park is on the south coast, where the settlers foundet the parliament on the year 930 AND where you can see the two tectonic plates seperate (2 cm a year).
- You can travel the south coast all year around.
- Many geothermal places are on the south coast and geothermal spas, like the Blue lagoon.
… just to name a few.
Basic information abut this trip
- Duration: 8 days, days of arrival and departure included regardless of time of arrival and time of departure.
- Included: Accommodation with breakfast, vehicle, driver guide, fuel, activities at own choise.
- Not included: Meals and activities at own choise.
- What will be seen and done? See itinerary
- Departing city: Reykjavík.